Sunday, February 07, 2021

New freebie parts on a stormy morning

 "Yawn" good morning ....I thought I could sleep in a little this morning as I have to work a late shift today, but the weather has other ideas. Who needs an alarm clock when you have stormy weather and the sea wind is howling around the house? Ah well, coffee is on my desk , it's only just getting light outside and at least it's warm and cosy in here . 

And clean ! During my 2 weeks staycation I managed to clean this place from top to bottom. Spring cleaning accomplished :)  I just need the Charity shop to open again now. I have a huge black bin bag full of clothing and things I sorted out and no longer need. But they won't open until this lockdown is finished.

Thanks for your comments :) Nice to hear from you ,Su. And Kyra -keep being crafty :) As for suggestions regarding dogs behaviour, I have no clue. I never had dogs, only cats . And since my 3 cats died of old age a few years ago I have not had any pets. I might get a pet again when I retire, but that's still 14 years of working away. In the meantime I'm enjoying a hair free environment :) 

So let's get to the crafty news.

As part of my "try a new craft for 2021" I tried embroidery. It's not perfect , but I'm happy how it turned out. 
I already have another embroidery project planned.
I started knitting mittens ...another first. I have never knitted mittens before. 
I crocheted mini plant hangers .They look so cute by the window, and my baby plants get more light this way :) 
My stripy cardigan is ready. I just need to add some buttons/poppers now. 
For photography I targeted my orchid .... isn't she beautiful? 
And when it's cold and wintery outside there's always ways to bring spring indoors and try some more interior photography in my living room :) 
I also finished the scrapbook kit I was working on. 
But now to the freebies for today. 2 more links for Winter tranquillity.

Backgrounds 
https://www.mediafire.com/file/kn04zp9num040oo/sr_wintertranquility2.zip/file

Elements


One more part to come next post .

And I think I need some winter warmth and another coffee now, because it just started  snowing out there . 
Until next time -stay crafty, stay healthy and safe 💓
Hugs Snowy 









3 comments:

smiekeltje said...

Yeah, winter arrived here too, yak.
It is beautiful to see, but that's all.
Some cleaning is done here too, but not from top to bottom I wish I had energy for it. But every time a bit works okay.
Your cardigan looks great, so good job.
And yes it is not handy that the charity shops are closed, as here too. And although opened a while ago, they even didn't take in stuff anymore.
Hopefully you will have not too much troublle getting to work, with that snow and hard wind.
Now on to my blogpost for this week.
Take care and stay safe,
Hugs
Kyra

Edna B said...

Your embroidery looks pretty good. That's one craft I just never took to. I do love your new sweater. It's gorgeous! Enjoy your day, hugs, Edna B.

Grandma Sarge said...

All of your talented work is appreciated very much. I love the scrap booking downloads and it looks like I'm going to get out some more pictures so I can make some pages for my family and some of the pictures loaded from the Eastern part of my family.
Thank you for all your hard work and I adore your crocheting. I made a copy of the small plant hangers and I'll ask my daughter if she can make me some. For starting my new plants.
Since I'm relegated to the house because of my age and medical issues I need something to do. Dani (my Oldest) found some things on Amazon and she brought me a good sized painting that is done with a little stick that has a hollow end and you pick up tiny little beads to match the letters already making the picture. It's called Diamond Painting. I only wish she had gotten a smaller painting. My goal is have it finished for 84th birthday. I'm 81 now. I hope I make it. Her thing is Crocheting! But I'm not very good at it.
Time to have breakfast before a doctor appointment this morning. If it weren't for Doctors and tests I'd never get out.
Have a good week and I'm going to enjoy your kits some more!!