Sunday, June 09, 2019

Last Sweet Violets part

Good morning ...
on this sunny lovely Sunday :)
We had a spell of rainy days and strong winds here , but today it's nice before the rain returns tomorrow for 3 more days. At least that  is what the weather forecast tells me today. We shall see whether they are correct.
I'm not too bothered about it because I will be starting my nightshifts tomorrow. So I will be asleep during the days anyway, and by the time my shifts are done and I'm off for a few the weather should be nice again :)
Hopefully it will be! I need to do some work in my little garden corner. But the rain is certainly helping and doing those plants good. I don't need to water them every day and they are thriving. So do the weeds though :)
I have decorated my hallway and love the new wallpaper ! The gold toned leaves really pop out from the charcoal grey background. And due to the white furniture it's not looking too dark.
This was a real bargain. Each roll used to be £ 15.00, but I was lucky and got them in the sale for just £ 1.00 a piece.
Apart from doorframes , bannisters at the stairs and the stairs themselves, my little home is done for a few years. I will tackle those in July when I have leave coming up.

I made this macramé hanging for one of the walls in my brand-new hallway. The colour theme is grey, green and gold (added white for the furniture, skirting boards, bannister, doorframes) and I have green and gold leaf decoration around. So this moss green, grey and white macramé fits right in with the colour scheme.
As an added useful deco item I am also crocheting a storage basket. This is still work in progress, as you can see. I will post another pic of the finished basket when it's done.
Yesterday I also took the time to work on a loose floral watercolour challenge.
This is "Sweet peas"
 "Yarrow"
and "Greater quacking Grass"
My plan is to make a nice collection of botanical loose paintings , scan and enhance them digitally , and make them into png files for my scrap kits.

Right.... freebie time. Here is the last part of "Sweet Violets"
http://www.mediafire.com/file/tr09e3gtrhkhozl/sr_sweetviolets5.zip/file

For the next freebie kit I have decided to put up "Seashells"
Half of this used to be a freebie in my store years ago , the other half was a store kit to buy.
Well, I gave the lot a little make-over and decided to make it the next freebie kit. So if you downloaded this as freebie years ago , you will now get the added store part free as well. For those who missed it back then , it will be a whole new kit. It never had a complete preview either as it was published in parts. So now I made a kit preview as well.
So this is starting next post ….
until then ...
...as always , stay creative :)

Hugs Snowy

2 comments:

smiekeltje said...

Hi, busy bee!!!

Love your hallway paper and what a bargain!
We had some rainy moments too and it is soooo good for the garden, they all love it, specially my tomatoe plants.
Have a good night shift and some wonderful sleeping daytimes LOL.
Bye bye,
Hug
Kyra

Edna B said...

Your projects are lovely, and I can't wait to see the finished crocheted basket. What a bargain you got on your wallpaper. I love bargain shopping. You did a wonderful job on your hallway. My new plants did not fare so well. I'm down to two tomato plants and hoping that they get to grow and produce lots of tomatoes. You have a wonderful week, hugs, Edna B.