Saturday, August 06, 2016

The next 2 Freebie Parts

Hi again :)

I have a few days off and making the most of it ! 
I think I have established kind of a routine for these days off. First it's into the kitchen and make coffee of course , but then a quick look on Facebook to see what friends are up to and then it's art time while the coffee kicks in. 
The past days I have finished a few drawings and paintings that way.


 When working with watercolors I start on the cleaning and tidy up while the different layers dry ;)
New paintbrushes make me happy ....it's the simple things ;) 
Although sometimes it's hazardous , for example when you grab the paintbrush water instead of the coffee mug and end up with a mouth full of colored water ! Yup, I did that,lol....glad it wasn't oil pints and white spirit ;) 
Note to self : Do not place coffee next to water for rinsing the brushes ! 
This one is my favorite in the moment. Love how it turned out ;)
Challenge was : Eiffel tower 
I started with a pencil sketch ,went over the lines and added detail with a sharpie fine marker, applied a watercolor wash for the background with clouds and hearts, then did the lettering. 

... in response to Edna's comment, I'm as happy as I can be. I have a good job, a roof over my head , can afford to treat myself sometimes and live my life being grateful for these things. I still miss Reggie though and currently have no wish to date or be in another relationship. I see and get to know guys and my thoughts are " He doesn't compare to Reggie" 
Nobody is good enough ....and unless I find someone who is, I rather stay single. And single definitely has its perks. I see other woman and their other halves and hear comments like "Can I get this? " 
"Stop spending so much money on clothes.shoes, handbags, craft stuff etc" Ughh...I would hate that,lol. My money ,my responsibilities, I buy what I like , I manage myself and don't need to answer to anyone ! 
I remember being married. I remember " Don't you think it's time you get off the computer/off the desk?" 
Fuck off,lol.... I do my art when I have the inspiration and ideas , and you can't put creativity on a time scale. Single:nobody breathing over your shoulder , freedom to do what you want , when you want ! That's why Reggie and me got on so well. Both of us had creative hobbies and we respected that each of us needed quiet and alone time to work on these things. His hobbies were probably more expensive than mine ,lol...On the other hand, somebody to go to concerts with, go hiking , cinema trips, cuddle up to simply watch a movie on TV, mind blowing sex etc would be nice ...So end of story : If I find another guy like that ...yeah, maybe.... otherwise men can kiss my butt. I'm not giving up my freedom and independence unless he's worth it and let's me be who I am. "Foot down, Snowy has spoken" lol

All righty then .... let's get to the freebie , here are the next 2 parts. One more to come in the next post :) Enjoy ! And until then 
Hugs Snowy





2 comments:

smiekeltje said...

It's wonderful how you can express yourself in your creativity
and yes, being single has advantages too! And yes, you are right to stay single, unless you stumble unto someone, who has about the same ideas and fits into your life of now, and he has to touch your heart, otherwise: stay away from them LOL.
And no, I am NOT ready for lower temperatures yet I would like to have a longer period of about the same weather, with temps around 22-23C, little wind, sometimes a little rainshower(saves on watering the garden, haha), but that will only happen in an ideal world
Enjoy your free time
Hug
Kyra

Edna B said...

I had to smile about your thoughts on being single vs tied to someone.
That's the way it should be. Don't tie up with someone unless you really feel that he is your soul mate. Mates respect each other in all ways.

Your artwork is coming along really nice. It's been quite warm here lately so I haven't been feeling very crafty. Also, I've been busy clearing away a lot of my craft stuff (sort of everywhere) to make room for a visit from my daughter Audrey. She's coming next weekend and I can't wait.

Now I think Pogo and I will sit out on the porch for a little while and watch the birds and squirrels. You have a wonderful day, hugs, Edna B.