Monday, January 21, 2019

The next 2 parts from Winter Romance

Hello and good evening....
or should I rather say "good morning"? It's 10 minutes to midnight here and by the time I finish this post it will be a new day :)
Why so late? I only got home a short while ago from work and now I'm still too wide awake to go to sleep straight away. Besides, it's bloody freezing out there and I need a nice cuppa to defrost first.

Thanks for the birthday wishes ...we will see what this year will bring …
But Snowy has been busy since last post !
I watched a YouTube video about using a glue gun and acrylics on canvas to create a picture and I just had to try it.
 It's different , but I like it !
Then I received an email from my favorite Sketchbook providers "Pink Pig". An early bird offer of their new brown paper sketchbooks , called "Cappuccino pigs" . Yup, had to take advantage of that offer and try them.
The reason they are called Cappuccino pigs is because they are made from recycled plastic coffee cups. So I'm actually doing a good thing purchasing these :)
And the paper quality?
I love it ! See for yourself ….
I love how the black and white pops out from the brown background. Despite furiously using the eraser , the paper has held up and there isn't a single mark from rubbing out pencil lines. I am impressed :)
No, I'm not getting paid to write a positive review. I just think when something is great quality it deserves to be mentioned, so that other artists who like to draw know where to look.
There's nothing worse than ordering something online and it turns out a disappointment when the quality is crap.
And I have been busy making more squares for my blanket. Only about 50 (100 for back and front) to do now. I see a light at the end of the tunnel....ahmm...blanket ,I mean :)
Oh yes, and my Amaryllis is in full bloom. Isn't she a beauty? I really should try to paint this flower...

Ok. Enough for today....let's get to the freebie parts.
More backgrounds
http://www.mediafire.com/file/r3dddx4oomo6adk/sr_winterromance2.zip/file

and elements
http://www.mediafire.com/file/m8rmr47regur8r1/sr_winterromance5.zip/file

There are 2 more parts to come next post, and then I have to see what freebie to pick next :)

For me it's bedtime now...stay warm and crafty :)
Hugs Snowy

3 comments:

Edna B said...

I've never heard of the glue gun art, but your drawing came out awesome! I love the prints on the brown paper too. They're really quite different. I have to give you lots of credit for sticking with the blanket squares. It's going to be gorgeous when it is finished. You have a wonderful week, hugs, Edna B.

SiskiyouSue said...

The brown paper makes an awesome background, beautiful! Thanks, this kit is so interesting!!!

smiekeltje said...

The brown paper makes the sketches/paintings look qute different, but it looks beautiful.
and yes, you should try your hands on the Amaryllis, I'm am sure that you could do a beautiful job there!
Oh, freezing and cold, I don;t like it and every year i am getting older I like it less LOL.
Keep safe and healthy, sweetie.
Hug
Kyra