Sunday, May 05, 2019

Ooops... late with the new freebie kit :)

Hi :)
I was convinced today was the 2 week posting day …. so I opened my blog and was shocked to see it has actually been 3 weeks instead. Where has the time gone? These weeks just seem to have flown by ! Sorry for being late again. "Sigh" ...a full time job , household, lots of hobbies and the time is just gone. I need to retire :) (I wish) so I have more time for all the things I want to do. 16 more years to work , unless I win the Lottery or an unknown rich uncle leaves me a fortune in his will :)

Anyway, let me show you what has kept me occupied in my free time.
I got out some wool and wove this wall hanging.
Then I got to work on this Macramé Tree of Life .
And lastly I finished this Macramé bag ,which has an inner bag so small items don't slip through the gaps.

And I already have a new project on the go. Have you heard about the Pine resin/beeswax  sandwich wraps?
Well, I try to do my bit to keep plastic to a minimum, and these wraps sound like a great alternative to sandwich bags. But it's a sticky task. They make it look so easy and clean in the videos, but my hands and nails are full of the stuff. Yeah, I tried gloves. The wraps kept sticking to the rubber so I gave up on clean fingers 😁
Here is one of the videos showing how to do it. Some use only beeswax , but adding some pine resin improves the wraps. Also, melting the mix in a little pot first and brushing it on works a lot better.
Okay, after the education it's time for the freebie now. 
I found an older floral kit which seemed perfect for his time of year. It's called "Sweet Violets".
There are 5 parts all together and I will give you the first 2 today . 


Enjoy ! And now I'm going to clean up my kitchen and check on those wraps 😀
Till next post , stay creative 
Hugs Snowy 



1 comment:

Edna B said...

I don't know how you do it all. The beeswax wraps sound rather interesting. The video was quite interesting. I'll be interested in how you make out with your wraps. You have a great week, hugs, Edna B.