Sunday, July 07, 2019

And the next parts for you...

Hello again from the crafty cave :)
Nope, I'm not hibernating , I'm busy as a bee ! With the nice warm weather here the plants are thriving , but it takes regular watering with these temperatures. If you ask me 20 degrees C is enough , it doesn't need to be hotter. (For those on Fahrenheit , that's eighties temperature )

About 3 years ago I bought a little plant in the £/$ Store. It was tiny , a little larger than my middle finger. But it grew.... and this year it's finally flowering :)
I love the Passionflower ! They are such beautiful flowers.


I wonder whether they will get any fruit in this climate?
And I took advantage of the many sales online and built up my yarn stash. This Flurry reminds me of candy floss, and it's wonderfully soft as well.
I had to try it straight away and I have to say it's not a smooth yarn you can knit fast with, but oh so worth going a bit slower. And it does not need a pattern. The variegated and textured effect of the yarn is enough.
Unlike this cotton yarn which I used to make a crochet table runner. I love simple cotton yarn. It's so easy and fast to work with. And simple ! Double crochet all the way through.


I hadn't done lettering in a while, but this was one of my "to do" list items. Simple watercolour stripes as background and a quote which has meaning to me.

That's all I had time for besides work , but I have some vacation time coming up soon. I shall enjoy 2 weeks off work and just do what I love. Not going anywhere this time, but later in the year will be another trip to Germany to visit family again.

Right.... time for freebies !
Here come the next 2 parts for "Seashells"
http://www.mediafire.com/file/fcwsfyfvaeg3x3k/sr_seashells2.zip/file

http://www.mediafire.com/file/z2wcjcjfjntso54/sr_seashells4.zip/file

One more part to come next post.

And I feel like having a hot chocolate drink now , and then it's bed time for me . Stay creative !

Hugs Snowy :)


4 comments:

smiekeltje said...

It is a lovely flower of the passionflower. I don;t think they will bear the fruit, but you never know. if temperature will get higher, it might.
Love the table runner you've made. I am not so much for that variegated yarn, sorry.
But it may look good on a finished project, or perhaps something made of with a lace pattern?
Hmm, you say 20C is enough, well, a little bit higher is more to my tasting, like around 23-24C. I am born in the wrong part of Europe I think, LOL!
Enjoy your upcoming holiday, it will be nice to have two weeks off!
Hugs
Kyra

Edna B said...

I love your crochet projects. That table runner is lovely. I've never grown a passion flower, but it is beautiful. I'm going to try the cotton yarn for my next project. Enjoy your two weeks off when it gets here. You have a great day, hugs, Edna B.

Mat's Merry Memoirs said...

Thanks a million for this kit~

Grandma Sarge said...

Being a Sailor in my previous life I love all things Ocean etc. I can't wait to make something with this kit. Thank you for sharing your talent. Mine is taking yours to make my photos look GREAT!