Sunday, August 04, 2019

And the start of a new freebie again :)

Good morning :)
I have been up since 6 am and already cleaned the kitchen,bathroom and mopped all the floors. Why so early? I wanted to get most of my work done by the time the sun gets higher and the temperatures rise.
I can honestly say I am ready for autumn and winter now. I've had enough of hot days and sweaty nights.
But my plants are loving the weather.
Look at this Zucchini /Courgette plant ! It's almost as tall as I am ( 1.64 m or 5'6" )

I also finished painting the stairs ,skirting boards and bannisters in my hallway. During a shopping trip with a friend I decided to add some decorations. As there are no windows , but I still wanted the look of plants and greenery, I decided to get some artificial ones.
The green is definitely what was still missing !
The wooden leaf and the green candle holder fit well on this shelf :)

And I just couldn't resist this industrial style table lamp for my cosy corner. This will give me plenty of light in the evenings when I sit in my rocking chair ,knitting, reading or crocheting.

But I have also been busy creating …..
I finished my "Shawl in a ball" . This is from Lion Brand yarns and you really only need one ball. The original pattern was in crochet, but I opted for simple knitted garter stitch instead.

I still have another ball in a different colour , so I might do the crochet pattern for that one.

This is another "shawl in a ball" project. For this I used Lion Brand Ferris Wheel yarn to make this colourful snoot scarf.

And I would like to put a pattern designer into the spotlight today.
Stephanie from All about Ami https://www.allaboutami.com/patterns/
does some wonderful knit and crochet patterns for free on her website. I have already put a few projects from her onto my "to do list "

And I even got 2 small paintings done !
A simple Dusty Miller leaf
And a common thistle.

I think I promised a pic once I had picked up my new glasses....my son says I have the Cruella De Ville look :)
And yes, my hair is also shorter. It was getting too hot and I was sick of having to put my hair up each day.



But now it's freebie time !
This is the new freebie kit. It used to be a store kit but now you can grab it for free.
Here some more detailed previews.









Here the first two links (there will be 6 in total)
http://www.mediafire.com/file/d4hz7ztw43s2aon/sr_oncecinderella1.zip/file

http://www.mediafire.com/file/1zo430c3aryd0xd/sr_oncecinderella4.zip/file

Enjoy, have a nice Sunday and until next post :)
Hugs Snowy



5 comments:

Edna B said...

My goodness, you are so full of energy. Your plant is awesome! Your new decorative touches really do look nice. The greenery fit in nicely. Your scarves are beautiful. I'll check out that link. Thank you. You have a super week, hugs, Edna B.

smiekeltje said...

Wow, you did an aweful lot of work! Wish I had the energy for it, but that is still lacking. May be it will never come back, at least the way I had that kind of energy. perhaps I just should do all things a bit more the easy way. Might just as well has to do with creeping up in age.
No! not yet autumn and winter, please. Okay, temps are lovely when around 23-25C, the terrible heat wave can stay away for me too.
You decorationns look fantastic and good idea to have some artificial greenery. You get the feeling of it but no need to water ROFL.
Oops, you have a fantastic courgette, did you already havested from it?
My tomatoes are no good this year. I'll try something else next year.
Okay, so far so good. Enjoy your free time.
Hugs from across the North Sea!
Kyra

P.S. You son it a bit harsh on you but still I can get the picture with you new glasses LOL

Mat's Merry Memoirs said...

Wow, your scarves are lovely and like the decorating too! Thanks for the links to the freebies for this kit...have a wonderful week, like the glasses too!

Anonymous said...

I am new at your blog. I love your style and what I have seen so far. You are so creative!!! And love as well your glasses and hair.
Jetty

Grandma Sarge said...

Well, I have done things backward as usual. after I downloaded the last two installments, I checked if I had responded to the first 2 but couldn't find on my computer so I just downloaded them this morning.

Now I'm going to add them to the growing collection of Snow Raven files that I have. Then I'll find a couple of pictures to make into a scrapbook page. I am so loving the digital scrapbooking. Thank you and all the other lovelies I bounce into and out of.
Blog is: http://grandmasarge74.blogspot.com/

You will see what I do with your hard work. I always put the name at the bottom of the scrapbook page that I've made with your kits or any other kits I've purchased or found for free. I adore all you ladies.

I'm still learning this hobby and I greatly appreciate the themes you make. I'm going to look for a picture on my thumb drives of myself so I can make something with the new kit oncecinderella. Thank you again.