Saturday, November 02, 2019

More Freebie parts again

Hello :)
I'm actually posting a day earlier this time. It's my last day off , tomorrow, on Sunday my shifts start again. So I thought it's best to post while I still have the time :)

And I've been creative again !
We're coming up to Christmas time soon , so I have been busy to make some decorations. My aim is to have no plastic decorations. Only natural and environmental friendly materials. I don't need plastic and harmful tinsel to have a cosy and festive home.

Talking of cosy …..
….my blanket is finally done ! It took me just over 3 years but I'm glad I stuck with it. So worth the patience and work :)
This is also an "old " project from the back of my shelf. It sat there a few years and now I have finally completed it. My Tatty Teddy Advent calendar.
 It's all cross stitch , with little pockets to put some sweet treats in.

Cute , hey?
I made this Macramé Christmas tree this morning. I saw a similar picture on Pinterest but there were no instructions with it. No problem....I made my own instructions and I'm very happy how it turned out :)
And lastly - Whenever I do a Macramé project I have lots of cut offs. Now this yarn isn't cheap, so I don't like wasting it by throwing the smaller pieces away. I actually have a cardboard box where I keep them in.
Today I used some of these shorter pieces to make some hanging tree decorations.
2 slices of dried orange , in-between the macramé cord and a string for hanging, glue together and ready are my new decorations :)
They also smell really good ! And if the smell fades , a drop of orange or mandarin essential oil on each slice will bring the smell back .

Oh yes, I promised to show some vacation pics....
...well , here is one I used in a layout. Or rather 2, because I used the Autumn tree pic and faded it into the background. I also used a warm filter on the main picture to give a real autumn feel to it. Kit used is the currant freebie "Golden Fall"
That's my mother and me during one of our walks on a lovely warm day.

And now to the freebie links
The second folder of backgrounds
http://www.mediafire.com/file/qd59swh6ts4kbuj/srgf_backs2.zip/file

and more elements
http://www.mediafire.com/file/816bb66q4d8yr3p/srgf_elements3.zip/file

Enjoy :) That's all for now
Stay crafty
Hugs Snowy


3 comments:

Edna B said...

Your blanket is gorgeous! What a nice photo of you and your mom. She looks really happy. I'm always happy when my kids are with me. It's nice that you are trying to go all natural. Your ornaments are wonderful. I love orange. You have a great week, hugs, Edna B.

smiekeltje said...

It is a long time 3 years for the blanket, but it looks fantastic!
You are really crafty, where do you find the time and energy for it????
Pity hey, that the holiday is over already.
Take care, and have fun making new decorations!
Hugs
Kyra

Mat's Merry Memoirs said...

Lovely photo you created of you and your mother, beautiful blanket too! Thanks for the lovely shares!