Sunday, August 08, 2021

Back with August freebies

 Hello again, 

I'm spot on with timing for this post :)  And there's a good reason for it. I'm currently on leave/vacation time from work , so no stress and plenty of time. It's amazing how much of a difference that makes. I get everything done with plenty of time to spare and indulge in my hobbies. I love my time off work ! However "sigh" , I still have nearly 14 years to work before I can retire (if they don't raise the retirement age again before it's my turn :)  I can honestly say I'm looking forward to retirement :) 

Although it's not just fun and games during my time off. Those doorframes started to look rather yellow , so I decided they need a coat of bright white again. So that's my task for the coming week.....painting door frames , bannister and stairs, before cooler weather sets in . Right now I can have all the windows open and won't get high on paint fumes. 

So what have I been up to ? 

I actually have a number of things to show this time. 

I broke my New Years resolution ....again. I ordered more yarn. When I received the email from Wool Warehouse about new colours from the Stylecraft Highland Heathers range ,I just couldn't resist. I just feel instantly in love with these shades and already knew what I was going to make. 

Don't these colours look gorgeous together? Real autumn vibes ! 
Do you remember the Granny -go -round jumpers I made? One colourful long-sleeved jumper and a sandy coloured cotton one with short sleeves. 
Well, ,this time I made a Granny-go-round cardigan. This will keep me nice and cosy when the temperatures start to go down. 
Pattern by Ironlamb , available on  Love Crafts 
A quick make was this crochet doily .I made a few of these in the past , including matching coasters , but I needed another one. 
And....after a while ....I finally got my watercolours and brushes out again. 
This was a group project from "Zusammen zu Hause " (Together at home) . It's a weekly free live viodeo class on Instagram made by two lovely German Ladies. It was a fun evening painting along with them and lots of others. 


Gone with the flow on this one. Slightly abstract and ideal for warm up :) 
I like exploring different painting styles and abstract is normally not something I do very often.

I'm also working on a new scrap kit , but you'll have to wait for a preview. 
I'm not quite that far yet. I doubt I get it finished this coming week , the doorframes take priority .I need to get them done before I have to be back at work. And you know my motto these days : no stress , live in the moment and hygge :) 

Right, so this brings me to the final part of this post again. The freebie kit download parts....
Here are 3 more random parts 





Enjoy , and I will be back with more soon.
Stay healthy and crafty 

Hugs Snowy




2 comments:

Edna B said...

Your new yarn is beautiful. I'm waiting to order some new colors soon too. Your sweaters are gorgeous. Great job! Stay safe and have a super week. Hugs, Edna B.

smiekeltje said...

Make me a sweater or cardigen. (joking)You do just a beautiful job.
I really missed this post, sorry. Don;t know how.
Should buy some new yarn and try my hands perhaps on a sweater. But I am not really good in making them. So I will give it another thought.
Have a lovely week.
Hug
Kyra