Sunday, July 11, 2021

We're going Egyptian :)

 Good evening and hello :) 

I thought it's the perfect time to do my blogpost now while England is going football mad. I don't watch the football, but I hope Italy will win . I rather use the time to write and work on my latest project.

Talking of that project....

.....this is what I started last year. The texture of this crochet piece turned out so heavy and dense , I didn't like it at all. So last week I started frogging , rolled up the yarn into balls and started anew. 

This time not crochet , but knitting. 
I added a second strand of cosy  Brushed Alpaca Silk yarn , a very simple pattern and the difference is amazing. It's now light weight and airy despite using the same yarn plus Alpaca. The texture is softer and not as thick as the crochet version, but warmer . 

It's slow going because I am not pushing myself as I used to. Slow and steady reaches the goal as well. Okay, that means I don't have as many pics to share , but my health comes first.  

I'm also making some other changes in my day to day life and attempt to be more environmental friendly.
I'm cutting out as much plastic as possible ! 
Fully biodegradable bin bags...
....biodegradable cosmetic wipes and reusable ,washable pads , and I went back to good old fashioned laundry powder in a cardboard box instead of liquid from plastic bottles. 
Nature is too beautiful and important to drown it in plastic. 

And now we're going Egyptian for the new Freebie kit. 
Egyptian Dreams used to be one of my best selling Store kits and now you can grab it for free. Warning: this kit is huge ! There is a second part and a couple of add-ons as well. 
You'll end up with 14 zip files :) 






 







Here the first 2 downloads in random order:


Enjoy , stay healthy , crafty and hugs from 

Snowy 
:) 'till next post 

4 comments:

smiekeltje said...

Oops I don;t know if my comment went through. Anyway, looks good your sweater, thanks for the tip of Snapseed, i should look into it, and I am kind of glad Italy won, all in all I though them the better team, sorry, hahaha)
Hugs
Kyra
Oh a P.S.
Do you know the free graphic program Krita? Seems to be rather nice, a bit looking like photoshop light or something. What would you think?

Edna B said...

Your new sweater looks really nice. I love those poppies. Good for you for going green. Wouldn't it be nice if everyone did? You have a super week, hugs, Edna B.

Grandma Sarge said...

Thank you for the kits you make. And I admire the crocheting. My oldest daughter is sitting in the recliner crocheting while she's my sub in the Nurse field. She just watches that I don't get feisty and fall down. At 81 years that would be a big hurt!
And now I can do some scrap booking.
Take care and Hugs from Colorado!

Catzia said...

Hi Snowy,

das ist ja super, dann kann ich endlich unsere wenigen Ägypten-Papierfotos aus unserer Ägyptenreise vor langer Zeit einscannen und Scraps draus machen.(Mein Mann hat damals mit einer Super8-Kamera gefilmt) Danke für dieses exotische Kit. Ich finde es auch bemerkenswert, daß du so lange schon einen Blog führst. Ich schau immer mal wieder vorbei.

LG Catzia/ Doro