Tuesday, July 29, 2014

As always...no rest for the wicked (Witch) ,lol....and give for a good cause

Hi all,
keeping busy as always! Not only are we short on staff at work , so there is a lot of overtime, but I have tons to do here at home as well.
Yup, been back in UK for two weeks now ...not that I want to be, but I have to earn more money, pay the bills and save for my next trip. Which will be December, so it's not too far away.
Missing waking up next to Reggie, being able to do things together in person and the generally great way we get on and live together.
Partner in crime and mischief, best friend, partner, lover and Master.... vacation over and back to normal for some months, and nightly Skype calls.
This is us at cinema, popcorn in hand,lol
When I saw in the news that Boston area was hit by a tornado I had to think of Edna, Was she ok? I quickly hopped over to her blog to check. Thankfully her area was not hit hard. But that brings me to one reason for this post.
A lot of tornado victims have lost everything and need to start completely new. I don't know about you, but I don't trust many charities. A lot of the donations get used for other things and only a small percentage of money actually goes to the victims.
But there is one I trust unconditionally, and that is my friends True's and Cyber's BIKERS UNITED DISASTER RELIEF TEAMS.
They keep nothing for themselves, have teams who drive out to victims personally to deliver goods etc , and have teams in a lot of States. Currently they are also collecting "Back to School" things for the children of needy families.
If you want to do a good deed, donate or buy one of their patches https://sites.google.com/site/bikersunitedfortornadorelief/multi-state-relief-patches
I will proudly wear my North Carolina patch on my jeans Jacket.
There is also the Facebook page, which contains a lot of pictures and videos of the good deeds they have been doing. https://www.facebook.com/groups/1434411083477893/
They need furniture, clothing , every day living items to help those families who lost everything. If you have anything to give away check out the FB page, they can put you in contact with the Team leader who is possibly in your State and arrangements can be made for donations of items.

There ya go... my good deed of the day,lol. Hold on, just grabbing a glass of sweet iced tea and I post a couple of pics of what I've been up to.
....yup, I seem to take on some southern habits ... I love sweet tea ! Oh yes, and fried chicken. Preferably Poppeys. Bojangles is damn good as well. Anything Creole /Cajun really. Before long they probably succeed to teach me proper Redneck , but I don't think I will ever be one of those southern Ladies.I swear too much to go through as any Lady,lol.Besides....naughty and mischief is more fun !

It's decorating time! It's been 6 years since I did my hallway.(damn, where has the time gone?) And I got sick of the dark colors, the white of the door frames and stairs had turned yellow... it was time for a make-over !
It's a three story stairwell , so far I have done downstairs and the first set of set up to the first landing. I chose a very light antique white with a hint of a grey tone in it.
Pictures and wall decals with quotes make a statement.
Next job will to strip that dark wallpaper in the background there. Slowly working my way up. It's slow progress because I worked overtime as well.
 So for now it's back to paint and wallpaper stripping , and I'll be back hopefully with some scrap goodies soon.
Hugs Snowy






3 comments:

Edna B said...

Well hello stranger!! Good to see you are back blogging. Thanks for caring, and yes Pogo and I are doing fine. The storm missed us, but still close enough to make us realize how lucky we are.

I've finished getting caught up on reading here. I'm so glad that Reggie and North Carolina are working out so well for you. And I agree, it is a really beautiful place to live. A friend of mine lives there too.

Now that I know you are back, I'll stop in more often. Kyra's PC crashed, but as soon as it is fixed and programs re-installed, she'll be back on line.

You have a wonderful day, hugs, Edna B.

smiekeltje said...

Hello back!
Glad I could read your new post, cause I had a computer crash, all windows completely gone!
Brought it to a little shop, where they installed windows 7 for me, for a very nice low price and till now(2 days LOL) it seems to work.
Girl, you never stop doing things in the house, aren;t you?
Must say the light hall way looks great. Can't you come over to my place for a week or two to do some painting and such?????? Seems you are almost professional LOL!!!
For now, that's it as comment. Still have a lot to do on the computer to get ready for designing again and such. But I will get there, don;t worry.
Hug
Kyra

Unknown said...

This blog is very nice and it is entertaining too
Aluminium Planters