Wednesday, July 09, 2014

Getting back into design

Good morning
I'm slowly finding my way in the new programs again and have been designing a few parchment backgrounds and a couple of simple layouts.

Otherwise life here is peaceful. Reggie is working overtime which leaves me with a lot of time to myself to do what I like.
I've been cooking and baking , trying out my new appliances. We have mostly all new things in the kitchen now. A brand new set of pots and pans, cutlery, dishes, I got a new mixer and 5 piece baking set , a new Iron...and and and....
Craft supplies are slowly getting stocked and I already made some yummy smelling candles
I also finished hand sewing the kitchen window curtain, matching the back door curtain I showed in my last post.
I can't wait to get my hands on roller,paintbrush and paints and start to give this house a make-over. But not yet... but that doesn't stop me from planning and doing a virtual make-over on the computer. I want to make this place brighter and more cheerful.Something like this...
But enough of that now,lol.
Yesterday I started cooking and ...oh damn... noticed that we were out of Cajun Spice mix ! What to do? Well, I looked up several recipes on the net which varied with the ingredients. In the end I made my own version of what I thought would be right and go well. BINGO !
Reggie's comment last night "You've outdone yourself with this, It's perfect" Now who doesn't like to get a compliment like this? So I decided to share my Cajun Spice mix recipe. I will share the recipe for Cajun Chicken Pasta, in which I use this Spice mix, in the next post.
Here it is... you will have plenty left over with this amount, or just make a jar full straight away, Unlike the Store bought mixes there are no additives or artificial colors or flavors in this.

This is one of the backgrounds I made , and in this layout I used another one
You will get all these things I make for scrapping eventually,lol.... I'm working on a kit with a Woodland theme.
For now I say "until next post " though....Snowy has some housework to do , and after that I will see what the weather is like. We have showers fore-casted , but if the weather stays nice I will probably sit on the deck for a while and work on a cross stitch table cloth, and later on design a bit more.
Hugs Snowy :)

1 comment:

smiekeltje said...

Hi,

You certainly are doing a lot there!
Isn't it great to have time to do all kind of things your brain comes up with?
Love the look of the new color pallet, that light blue makes it a lot lighter. For the kitchen you could try perhaps, instead of white, a color that is in the kitchen window curtain. The light lemon green might brighten up.
Reggie must be delighted with you, changing all kind of things for the better and having a good cook around too LOL!
Have lots of fun.
Hugs
Kyra