Sunday, May 13, 2018

Last 2 parts of Dreamscape kit

Hello :)
After a  nearly a week of dry and sunny weather I woke up to rain and a grey sky this morning. Perfect opportunity to spend time painting.
When the weather is nice I rather be outside instead of sitting down at my desk ;)
But I got stuck at the desk the last evenings....you see, I bought this 3 terabyte external drive a while back, because my other 3 terabyte drive was getting full. You won't believe the amount of graphics and resources, e-books, photos and music you collect in a space of over 10 years. So I decided I needed to go through the folders and split /tidy half of the files and transfer them to the new drive.
....whose freaking stupid idea was that? Oh wait...it was me ! I mean....how long can it take to sort through 3 terabyte of files??? ....forever ,it seems,lol.
In 8 hours I have only just scratched the surface. Make that another year long project , I think :)
On the plus side , it's amazing what you find . There is so much stuff I forgot I had...

I painted this tropical bouquet this morning. See the white bits on the leaves? I will get to those further down in the post...
Tropical leaf
And an abstract sphere ...see the white bits again? And the texture?

Yeah, I'm getting to those now.
There are a few tools for special effects out there.
The white dots are white ink. And the lines are white gel pen.
These two are probably the "special tools" I use most. I have tried and tested a lot of different white gel pens, and one brand stood out.
Same with the ink. I tried white watercolor paint, acrylic , gouache paint, but one brand of white ink couldn't be beaten and made it to my favorite things.
This pen came out best in my trials. With some other pens you can barely see the white on watercolor, but this one makes wonderful white lines.
Same goes for this ink. It beat all the other paints. And the good thing: for really fine lines or lettering it works with nip and dip pen , not just a brush. It also blends beautifully with watercolors to add highlights or texture
Talking of texture.... try sprinkling grains of salt on to still wet watercolor. Let it dry completely and then carefully brush the salt off. It will give a lovely texture effect. The size of the grains also makes a difference. You get a finer texture with fine salt and the larger salt grains a more pronounced texture. I always have a small tin with salt in on my desk with the paint supplies.

Ok, let's get to Dreamscape.
The last 2 parts
http://www.mediafire.com/file/4gkw9dp4287zoyl/sr_dreamscape2.zip

http://www.mediafire.com/file/6k9yv89kb3yj4fa/sr_dreamscape4.zip

That means another new kit next week. Hmmm...what do I have on this external drive?
I know ! Let's go to the seaside....
Have a wonderful week and until next weekend .
Hugs Snowy

2 comments:

Edna B said...

Your tropical bouquet is just wonderful. Today's information was very interesting. Now I know what type of white pen to use. I know what you mean about the 3 TB drive. I finally had to get a new one just for keeping my resources on. Of course, that's a laugh. I'll be needing another drive soon. And yes, it takes forever to go through everything on the drive. Have fun!!

Thank you for the rest of this kit. The one is looking very interesting too. You have a super day my friend, hugs, Edna B.

Mat's Merry Memoirs said...

Thanks a lot for your share!