Sunday, May 06, 2018

Dreamscape freebie starts

Good morning .... and a good one it is ! The sun is shining , the temperature is more pleasant and it's really looking like spring outside now :)
I don't start work until 11pm tonight , so I have the day to do what I like.
Yesterday I finished my painting for the " Mermay" challenge and competition.
Those of you who know me , know I am not the cute little mermaid person....but a sexy merman ...yes ,please ! :) And I can't wait for the Aquaman movie to be in the cinemas later this year.

My loose style flowers are getting better . The phrase "practice makes perfect " is certainly true :)

Ok, let's talk about brushes. For watercolor painting beginners I recommend round brushes. You get them with synthetic and with animal hairs.

I like the Royal and Langnickel brushes. Of course you get more expensive and better quality brushes , but these will do nicely to start.  They are synthetic hair , which is softer than animal hair and better for beginners. The rounded tip let's you paint finer lines , but by pressing down you get thicker brush strokes.
I would recommend  at least 3 to 4 brushes. A really fine one , size 0 for fine lines and detail, a size 4, a size 8 and a large size 12 . There are a lot of special effect brushes out there as well.

For larger backgrounds or washes it's handy to have a large flat brush.

So...we had paper, paints and brushes. All we need now is water and tissue paper or an old cloth.

It's best to have two jars with water . One for washing the brush , and one with clean water to activate paints and load your brush. You don't want to use the dirty water for that. The colors wouldn't be pure anymore and might get a muddy dirty tint.

The tissue paper or cloth (I use kitchen roll) is for dabbing excess water from your brush or the paper.

Next post I will tell you about useful tools and special effect stuff.

Now it's time for Dreamscape , previews and links















http://www.mediafire.com/file/lzsc01ylcflqa8l/sr_dreamscape1.zip

http://www.mediafire.com/file/w0founlv4h8zoe4/sr_dreamscape3.zip

I'll be back with the rest next week :)
Hugs Snowy


2 comments:

Edna B said...

I agree that practice makes perfect. Your flowers are beautiful. And I love your Merman. Your hard work really shows quite nicely. Keep it up. We've been having beautiful weather too, although today is wet and gray. The sun will probably come out later and brighten everything up again. You have a super day, my friend. Hugs, Edna B.

SiskiyouSue said...

Thanks, looks like another exciting kit.