Monday, April 01, 2019

Last part and new mini freebie kit

Hello  :)
Just home from work and now sitting here with a nice cuppa , chilling, while writing my blog post. We have been really lucky with the weather the past week. It's cold and windy , but sunny. I just wish the temperatures at night would go up a little more. We had a few nights with a touch of frost, and as long as that threat is there I am holding off to put my baby plants outside. They are currently still growing by the kitchen window. I have tomatoes, cucumber, peppers, various herbs and lettuce to plant.
But the bulbs I planted last year are doing well .

I have been trying something new lately. Working with concrete. No, it's not ordinary concrete. It's a special kind which you can knead like clay. It's also not dangerous to mix and doesn't make a lot of dust when you mix the powder with water. Here are two of the projects I have done so far.

A candle plate with fern imprint.

And for Easter a broken egg candle holder.
This was made by blowing up a balloon , layering the concrete around and then popping the balloon once dry. It's painted with gold inside and chalk paint on the outside.
Looks pretty cool, hey? :)

For April I have something else planned though.
Isabella , from https://www.twome.co.uk/ is doing a macramé challenge .
For 3 days we get emails daily with instructions on how to do this macramé wreath. I already have my supplies and can't wait to start. It's also a competition and the best wreath will win a large spool of macramé yarn.

Apart from that I knitted a few more squares for my blanket and I still have a painting project to complete as well. I will show pics once the painting is ready.

Work didn't leave much time for a lot more..."sigh".So much I want to do but not enough time ;)

But I have the last Mardi Gras part for you and also the first part of a cute little 3 part Spring kit.
First the last part
http://www.mediafire.com/file/paxmxym159r2fs4/sr_mardigras4.zip/file

And now the new little kit
Here the first part with backgrounds
http://www.mediafire.com/file/17afx2m6fb519w9/sr_springtime_1.zip/file

Here a quickpage I made from the kit. I'm in giving mood, you can grab it here
http://www.mediafire.com/file/bd1ow0rww5aotdr/Springtime_qp.zip/file




Next post there will be 2 more zip files with backgrounds and the elements.

And now it's my bedtime ... stay crafty :)
Hugs Snowy


3 comments:

Edna B said...

I really like that broken egg shell candle holder. I'm not into macrame but I think it's quite lovely. Your garden sure has a great start. I think I'll be starting a few plants this week. Indoors, of course. I thin the little bugs in your new kit are adorable. You have a great week, hugs, Edna B.

SiskiyouSue said...

I've never heard of that kind of concrete. I'll be checking it out. Love the candle plate!

Mat's Merry Memoirs said...

Thanks for the lovely gifts!