Saturday, June 12, 2021

The last parts of Sargasso Spring

 Hello and good evening :) 

Well, it is here where I am.... 

We currently have gorgeous weather and even better .....I am off work for two weeks now. Due to covid still not being able to go abroad, but I'm making it a "staycation" to recharge and relax. 

With the warmer weather my old bones are feeling a lot better, and I finally got my tomatoes and soe other things planted, now that the threat of frost is gone. But compared to other years I am over a month behind in growth due to the cold weather we had here. So hopefully our summer will last longer before autumn comes again.

The past month I have been taking it easy, but I still tried to stay mobile with gentle walks and bike rides. Cutting down on workload and stress is definitely doing me good. Sometimes it's hard to admit to myself that I can't carry on like I used to , and that some things are harder to do than they were a few years ago. I don't like asking for help, but I have to admit that I need the help sometimes. In my mind I'm still that young woman, but my body says in more and more cases " what the hell were you thinking?" 

Somebody said to me years ago " After the menopause the ageing starts" ,I smiled , nodded and thought because I have an active life (walking , cycling, healthy weight, rarely ill) it  might not affect me as much. And yes, I still count myself as lucky , but there really is no denying that ageing affects me as well. I have less strength, less energy and tire faster. No more staying up until the early morning hours, if I can I'm in bed early and on days off I even enjoy a short afternoon nap :) 

But now to other things. 

I finished my summer Granny-go-round crochet top :) 




While out and about I have been enjoying the colours of nature and tried to capture them in my pictures. 







And I even made a layout with Sargasso Spring . It's been a while since I took the time to actually scrap.
I don't often take pictures of myself, but here you see the newest one . Selfie mode while out and about in the sun last week. 

Right , let's get to the last download parts now. 

https://www.mediafire.com/file/arp7ehjpnzx7e7b/sr_sargassospring5.zip/file


And that's it ! Next post will be the start of another freebie again. 

Stay crafty and until then 

Hugs Snowy

2 comments:

smiekeltje said...

You just have the right time to be off work, with the nice weather on now. And yes, aging comes to us all and yes, in the mind we still feel 30 years or so, but the body says often enough..... Hey silly girl, remember your age LOL. We just cannot carry on as we used to, we have to take small breaks between jobs etc. But as long as we still can walk, and do things ourselves, it is okay. And it is okay to ask for help sometimes(I don;t like it either, but I just force myself to it if really needed).
The garden growing season is really somewhat behind, but I think it will catch up if the weather stays this good.
Take care of youself, take those in between breaks of 15 minutes or half an hour before starting with another task whatever it might be.
Big hug,Kyra

Edna B said...

Your new sweater is beautiful. Yup, the aging process catches all of us. Take care of yourself, you still have a lot of life ahead of you. Hugs, Edna B.