Sunday, September 17, 2017

More from Yesterday's Summer Garden

Hello again,
We're having a really rainy week here at the east coast of England.I'm glad I got my warmer clothing out during my last days off work. The long sleeves and warm jackets are needed with only 40-48 F /4-8 C  at night time and in the early mornings. The weather sure changed quickly this year. T-shirts one day and the next day it had gone cold ! It still gets warmer during the day when the sun is out , but the wind is getting a little chill to it already.  I'm not complaining. It's actually cozy and I'm getting more crafting/art stuff done . I have started some Christmas gifts (which I can't show obviously ) and ordered some lovely yarns for 2 other projects. They arrived within 3 days and I already started the first project.
I'm crocheting snowflakes....lots of them !
I will need more than 30 .
So far I only have 5 done ;)
When it's finished this will be a snowflake table runner. I'll post some updates as I get along.

You can see how the pattern is done in this video below.

And I finished that painting I started last week. This is "Autumn" ....2 more to do ! Winter and Spring . And I need to buy a couple more canvasses ...

Those candles in front are he ones I made from wax sheets. They turned out really well . I'll be definitely getting more of those sheets .I just love natural bees wax !

But now to the Freebie again.
Detailed previews in last week's post if you missed it . Today it's the next 2 parts of the kit.

One part papers
http://www.mediafire.com/file/8gx941cg6yh6n8e/sr_yest_summer_garden2.zip

and one part elements again
http://www.mediafire.com/file/jh47cp8f358b8bt/sr_yest_summergarden5.zip

Two more parts next week ...and then it's time to get autumnal and magical ,because summer is over !

And that reminds me that I have to prepare my little garden for winter soon. Guess I will have to do that on my next days off work. But for now I will have to hop into the shower and get ready for another late shift. My weekend will begin on Wednesday morning after catching up with some sleep. It's a nightshift thing ;)

So until next time...enjoy the freebies ! :)
Hugs Snowy

1 comment:

Edna B said...

I love your snowflakes. When I first learned to crochet I made doilies with the cotton thread. My mother would make table cloths and those beautiful pineapple ruffled doilies. I can't wait to see your finished project. I know it will be beautiful.

Our weather is turning too. The nights are cool and a lot of the trees are beginning to change colors. Autumn can be so lovely though. It's the winter that I'm not so crazy about now. Ah well, soon Spring will be here again.

You have a super week, hugs, Edna B.