Sunday, August 05, 2018

Last two Tuatha parts and "Let's doodle"

Good morning everybody ,
...well it's morning where I am , and I have come home from my night shift not too long ago.

In regards to your comment Edna, I think a few hours more time only just scratch the surface. I need more days instead of hours to get everything done I want to do. I need to retire ...but that's still 16 years in the future for me ;)

I finished the bathroom...finally ! I got a new mirror hanging cabinet and new shelves to complete it.
It's floral and feminine, and I needed light colors in this very small room without window.
I'm currently making a batch of sour dough starter, because fresh baked sour dough bread is just the bomb ! It's healthier than other quick rising bread and easy to make.
Think of it as a pet ...you have to feed it to grow. All you need is a pot or jar, flour (I prefer organic wholemeal ) ,water (I use mineral water because the chlorine can hinder the good bacteria to grow) and patience. One cup of flour mixed with one cup of water , cover container with cloth so the mixture can breathe and feed the same daily. Within 7-9 days it's ready to use for bread.
 I'm also making Greek yoghurt.
All it takes is a tub of plain full fat yoghurt and milk. From half a tub I get 3 to 4 times the amount , so it not only saves me money , but I know exactly what's in it. Filtering it after the 36 hour progress gives me the thick and creamy consistency. If a feel indulgent I even add fresh cream to the milk yoghurt mix before I switch the yoghurt maker on :)
"THINGS WITH FLOWERS" is back this month and I just love this challenge !
I chose blackberry for my ice cream cone :)


OK....I talked about leaf drawing and painting last week . Let's start with the letter A and the Alder tree .
Here you can find an Alder leaf to copy or trace
http://coloringpages24x7.com/gallery/alder+tree+drawing/1

Notice the little teeth at the edges, not all leaves have smooth edges.
Start with pencil , and once you are happy with it you can start coloring or use a black fineliner pen , or even both .

Now look up Ash or /Aspen leaves on google and do the same.
I will show how I colored mine next week.
But here is a simple watercolor tutorial

                   
Now to digital and Tuatha links.
The last two links :)
http://www.mediafire.com/file/x1eq504oexm52o1/sr_tuatha5.zip/file

http://www.mediafire.com/file/58jii5zi6cs02fr/st_tuatha6.zip/file

There will be another new freebie next week , but I have to look through my external drive first to see what I can give you next.
So until then , stay crafty :)
Hugs Snowy



2 comments:

Edna B said...

Wow, girl. You sure are busy. Can you bottle up just a little bit of your energy and send it to me? I agree, a few more days a week would be so much better than just a few hours a day. Be aware, when you are retired, you seem to have even less time that you did when you were working. At least that's what I and a few others have found to be true.

Your new picture is beautiful. The bread sounds delicious. Not so sure about the yogurt. You've done a wonderful job with your bathroom. This kit is lovely, thank you. You have a wonderful week, hugs, Edna B.

Unknown said...

This is an informative post which is so clear and understandable. It is excellent information with unique content of this blog and it is very useful to know about the information based on blogs.
Shipping Company in Delhi