Tuesday, January 31, 2012

It's Freebie Time again

Hi all ,
not much happening I could tell about in the moment apart from work. -which is pretty boring. But I'm glad I have a job at all , even if I wish for another job because I am fed up with what I do. Instead of being shut into an office all day as a lone worker I would rather be able to work with people.....but I'm working on that.
Have you read SilverRavenWolf's blog and her post about creating Art Journals? Here is the link http://silverravenwolf.wordpress.com/2012/01/25/how-to-create-your-own-art-journal/
I have been doing this kind of thing for years and it's really fun.  Give it a go! It doesn't have to be digital all the time .... it's fun to combine both and do some hybrid projects in between.
I'm working on one in the moment. I have these ugly grey/black office files ....
....and decided to make them look a lot prettier. This is just the start....
Oh, and matching to that Heart box from last post I also made a matching magnet for my metal notice board.
No, it's not for anybody special,lol.... I just like being creative and move in time with the year. With Valentines Day coming up heart shaped projects spring to mind.
The freebie is an ex-store kit called "Wild Hearts" . The reason I picked this one is because it has cute elements in which fit into the Valentine theme, but also for the Art Journaling. The 12 backgrounds and elements can be printed out and cut for a project. And a tip as well..... by printing on Acetate (for printers) you can create clear sticker -like elements to glue on to your projects.
More previews on the freebie page -link at the top.
But here is a digital layout made with it (apart from the torn paper,arrow and heart, which are from another kit)
I want to share a powerful video today...warning, some of the scenes really caused me to have tears in my eyes , so keep the tissue box near ! But it seriously makes you think ....when will people wake up and realise that we cannot eat money? That what we do destroys the earth and a lot of what is happening humanity has brought unto themselves.... enough said....

And that's it for now-enjoy the freebie-and till next time.
Hugs Snowy

2 comments:

CBH said...

Thank you so much for this post. I want to let you know that I posted a link to your blog in CBH Digital Scrapbooking Freebies, under the Page 6 post on Jan. 31, 2012. Thanks again.

Edna B said...

Very moving. Maybe someday before it's too late, man will wake up and listen. Have a good night. Hugs, Edna B.